The Board of Directors of the Rotary Club of Campbell met last Wednesday evening (Nov. 19th). Below are some of the highlights of that meeting…
Golf Tournament Update
It was reported that our golf tournament netted a profit of $11,661.92 on revenue of $26,902.68 and expenses of $15,240.76. The single largest expense was, naturally, the cost of the golf course for green fees and all the meals, at $12,431.69. It was also noted that there are still a few dollars to be collected.
The Board approved measures to fund:
- $3,000 to ELC from the Wells Fargo Grant, bringing the club’s total contribution to this outstanding student event to $6,000 for this year.
- $500 to reimburse the Home Church for food and supplies supporting Rosemary School’s Fall Festival, in which several of our members also contributed volunteer time.
- $108 to Sonia Paz for the design and printing of book marks to be used for Books for Treats. Although this year’s BFT was rained out, the bookmarks, touting Rotary’s sponsorship, are not dated, so they will be used for next year’s Halloween event.
- $500 to the Campbell Community toy Program for this year’s holiday toy drive. Past-President Janine Payton will deliver this check to the toy drive organizers at a kick-off event next Thursday at the Orchard City Banquet Hall.
Based on a request from EMQ/FF, the Board decided to take part in the EMQ Holiday Giving Tree. In the past our members have provided gift cards to EMQ. This year we will select “ornaments from the tree in our meeting room, and shop for the gifts requested by the families served by EMQ/FF.
- Renovation of the Garden at the Campbell Museum
- International Hunger Project for the Spring of 2015
Our next Board meeting will be on January 14, 6pm, at Rock Bottom Brewery in The Pruneyard.